website analytics software CertGuard | Certification Integrity Forums - Thompson Prometric to deploy "enhanced" centers
CertGuard | Certification Integrity Forums
CertGuard | Certification Integrity Forums
| | | | | | |
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

What is this?
 All Forums
 General IT Information
 General Certification Discussions
 Thompson Prometric to deploy "enhanced" centers
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ctjacks

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  17:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was on the Thompson Prometric site today, and I saw this interesting note:

"Attention Test Takers in China, Hong Kong, India, and Pakistan

Q. Why is the enhanced test center network being introduced?
A: The enhanced test center network is designed to begin introducing additional technologies and processes to safeguard the value of Cisco certifications in the IT professional marketplace. Focusing on security, the new test centers will employ advanced security technologies and newly refined procedures. The desired outcome is to protect the integrity and value of Cisco's certification for the certification holders, which will also increase demand for Cisco training. Test centers will be centrally located and will be operated by Prometric personnel. "

Are forums such as CertGuard starting to prod the test-givers into fixing problems at their testing centers? I think so.

Chris J.

BosonMichael

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  05:23:57  Show Profile  Visit BosonMichael's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Prometric's not deploying those centers... Cisco is. Cisco was alarmed at what was happening at the test centers in those countries, so Cisco stopped administering exams in those countries until they could open up their own test centers. From what I understand, they're staffed by Prometric personnel, but they're secured and monitored by Cisco.

I'd like to think that CertGuard had something to do with it... but I don't think that's the case. Cisco has always taken measures to combat braindumps, usually by refreshing their question pools often. After Cisco did their own research, they figured out that most of the question collection by braindump companies and most of the gunman activity was occurring in those countries, so they took steps to fix the problem. Obviously, Cisco determined that the "weak point" was the lack of monitoring and security at those test centers, and I'd have to agree. Kudos to Cisco for taking action.

BosonMichael
MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
Served proudly, US Army, 98C Intelligence Analyst, '89-'92
Go to Top of Page

CertGuard

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  08:41:55  Show Profile  Visit CertGuard's Homepage  Click to see CertGuard's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Actually, yes, we are working with certification vendors in an attempt to make the test centers a more secure place to take exams; not only in those countries (which are the focus) but everywhere. We feel that the test centers are the "front line" and they need to be reinforced.

Please note that I'm not fully aware of the situation right now, but up to this point Microsoft has been leading the initiative to close (what we call) rogue test centers in those countries.

I also know that Cisco was basically following Microsoft's lead. Whenever I worked (with Microsoft) to close down a test center that was infiltrated by a Gunman the MSL team would notify Cisco and they would, in turn, remove their testing materials as well.

That's not to say that Cisco has not been doing their own research, because I know they have been, and it shows. I just know that they have also been working with the MSL team on many of the issues that we've been working on.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Experience the real thing! Build your own CCNA/CCNP lab!
CertGuard | Certification Integrity Forums © Copyright 2006-2010 CertGuard, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Page built with ASP in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06